Replacing Broken Brackets and Turret Rotation

 Some more progress and steps back. I reworked the power system to all work off the main batter so no more AA batteries to run the radar motors. But this increased the RPMs - 3v to 5V and my radar setup didn't like this. So I had to spend time making it more robust. Then when I went to do the turret rotation I realized all the added weight to the turret made the rotation very difficult, even by hand and also not smooth. So I made a friction ring that lets the turret be supported in all places and smoothly spin. But then when I mounted the rotation motor and it was all working I couldn't close the tank. The motor is too big when paired with the HL power pack. Ugghh! I thought I had room but with all the tweaking I'd made the turret gear large diameter pushing back the motor. 

Now I'm waiting for some other motors to see if I can get one to work. I'm sure that some combo with get things working, but the delays are frustrating. On the good side, this setup is more robust than it was previously and that feels good. I was able to replace some of the skirt armor brackets. I have a theory that the skirts shrink over time, like the tow cables, and that snaps the brackets. Right now the one skirt is too small to fit he stock bracket locations so I'll need to mod that a little. 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend Research